Bulk Waste Pick Up Delay
Our Spring Bulk Waste Collection was rather challenging this year and we appreciate our Public Works staff who worked overtime along with the help of employees from other departments to deal with the unusually large amount of debris due to damaged trees from the late April snow storms and many additional truckloads of illegal dumping. We apologize for the delays this caused.
For future collections, watch for an updated Bulk Waste Program mailer this fall with key information that will improve the collection’s schedule, including:
- How to report illegal dumping (do not haul to another location - that is considered illegal dumping)
- Reminders to separate GREEN waste from TRASH waste
- Keeping waste away from a fence or utility box
- Properly preparing tree limb waste to 4 foot length by 18 inch diameter maximums
- Not piling items from unacceptable list (go to sandy.utah.gov/departments/public-works/bulk-waste for full list)
- Landscapers or carpenters are responsible for removing their own contractor debris
When everyone complies with the Bulk Waste Program, it helps keep collection on schedule. Snow storms, increased amounts of debris and illegal dumping impacted the schedule most this year and we thank you for your patience as we worked to resolve this.