700 East UDOT Project Update
The Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT), in partnership with Sandy City, plans to resurface 700 East from 7400 South to 9400 South. Project features will include new asphalt pavement, raised medians at current and future signalized intersections, and bike lanes in both directions. The project is scheduled to begin July 31 and finish October 2017.
- Crews will begin removing and replacing pedestrian ramps July 31 to meet new federal ADA standards. This work will take place daily from 6 a.m. until 6 p.m. through August. Expect shoulder closures as this work takes place. Safe passage for pedestrians will be provided during this work.
- Beginning in mid-August, crews will begin removing and replacing asphalt along 700 East from 7 p.m. until 7 a.m. weekdays and until 10 a.m. weekends. One lane in both directions will be open during this work. Neighboring businesses and residents can expect an increase in nighttime noise, light and vibration.
*Construction schedules are subject to change due to utility, material, weather, and equipment delays
- Work will take place during both night and day. Nighttime noise can be expected. One lane in both directions will be open at all times during this work.
- The pedestrian ramp replacement will take place during the day and this will necessitate shoulder closures. Safe passage for pedestrians will be provided during this work.
- Steel plates can be expected as crews raise and lower manholes along the project corridor. Noise can be expected as cars travel over the plates.
- Business and residential access will be open at all times except for when machinery moves through. During roadway activities, motorists will be allowed to drive on recently removed asphalt to access driveways and side-streets unless otherwise posted.