Momentum Building in The Cairns City Center
The Cairns, Sandy's 900-acre city center, is quickly becoming a destination location for an unparalleled live, work, play and shop experience with a "Mountain Meets Urban" atmosphere. Stretching from 90th to 106th South and from I-15 to the State Street, The Cairns will reflect the active urban outdoor lifestyle Sandy is becoming known for, with 20 million square feet of office, retail and housing development, in addition to the desirable amenities of a bustling arts and entertainment scene, extensive trails network, outdoor gathering spaces and our world-class mountain recreation.
What this means for residents is:
- New job opportunities brought to our community;
- Additional sales tax revenue to continue to improve city services and reduce tax burden;
- Greater housing options;
- The creation of a vibrant community hub filled with activities that draw people together
We've been pleased to previously announce the addition of Hale Centre Theatre, as well as the multi-million dollar renovation of the mall, now known as The Shops at South Town.
Three exciting new announcements include:
- Mountain America Credit Union Corporate Headquarters
- The Opening of Monroe Street from 10200 to 10400 South
- High-End Residential Housing Units Catering to Millennials and Empty Nesters