State Street; 11400 S to 10600 S Construction Update
State Street; 11400 S to 10600 S
Traffic has shifted to the west side of State Street as crews excavate the roadway and prepare to update utilities on the east side. Business and driveway access will be maintained. Drivers should be aware of intermittent lane closures, traffic pattern changes and speed reduction in work zones. For more information regarding this project, please call 801-228-0022.
• Update utilities along corridor
• Improve intersections from 11400 S to 10600 S, including areas of extended median barrier
• Install sections of sidewalk and curb and gutter
• Restripe the roadway to six lanes
• Resurface asphalt from 11400 S to 106 South, extending the life of the roadway
The construction schedule includes daytime work, night work and weekend work as needed. Drivers should be aware of intermittent lane closures and traffic pattern changes. Utility work, including light, gas, power and storm drain, will begin on the east side of State Street and transition to the west side by mid-July.
Additional Utility Project
Sandy City will also begin work on a separate utility project at the intersection of State Street and 10600 South. For more information regarding the Sandy City project, call 801-568-7297.