Quick Tips: Public Works
Twelve easy tips from our Public Works Department. How many did you already know?
1. Trees or vegetation that hang over the sidewalk or street need to be trimmed to 14 ft above the curb and 8 ft above the sidewalk.
2. To dispose of a large amount of materials, reserve a dumpster on the Public Works webpage and have it delivered to your home for up to 72 hours.
3. To report a road problem, such as a pothole, please contact Public Works at 801-568-2999.
4. If your waste or recycle bin is damaged, contact Public Works at 801-568-2999 to replace it for free.
5. Recyclables placed in your curbside bin should be empty and clean.
6. Do not bag your recycling before placing in your curbside bin.
7. About 20% of the items placed in recycling bins are not recyclable. Visit sandy.utah.gov/public-works/recycling to see what can/can’t be recycled.
8. To request an additional waste or recycle bin, contact Sandy City Utility Billing at 801-568-7110.
9. Plastic bags and clear wrap cannot be placed in curbside recycling. To recycle, return the bags to your local retail store.
10. Shredded paper is not accepted in your curbside recycling bin.
11. For bulk waste collection, place your waste curbside no sooner than the weekend before your collection date. Do not put waste against a fence, tree or utility box.
12. For bulk waste collection, we do not accept rocks, concrete, gravel, dirt, sod, construction debris such as shingles, glass, sheetrock, or items considered hazardous.