Quick Tips: Public Utilities
Check out these five easy tips about water usage, stormwater, and watershed areas!
1. Learn how to adjust your sprinklers to be more water efficient. Sign up for a FREE water audit by calling 801-683-5105 or visiting slowtheflow.org.
2. Check out our Plant of the Week and learn more about waterwise plants by visiting sandy.utah.gov/segolilygardens.
3. You can help keep our local rivers clean by protecting our storm water and what goes down the drain. Sweep up grass clippings and fertilizers and dispose of them properly. Learn more by visiting sandy.utah.gov/stormwater.
4. Why can’t I bring my dog into a protected Watershed area? As dogs don’t use restrooms, dogs in our local watersheds could create the potential for dog waste in our drinking water. For more information on how to help protect our drinking water, visit sandy.utah.gov/watershed.
5. Now that summer is here, make sure that your clocks are adjusted to not water between 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more information, visit us at sandy.utah.gov and search water conservation.