Operation Safe Passage
Operation Safe Passage is a program to protect children from being abducted while walking to and from school. In addition, it enhances pedestrian safety along safe walking routes and reduces opportunities for bullies to intimidate other children.
We welcome any interested volunteers to participate in the Sandy Operation Safe Passage Program. Volunteers work directly with the Sandy City Police Department Crime Prevention Unit.
- Serve as eyes and ears for Sandy City Police.
- Learn to recognize and report to the police criminal activity.
- Attend abducted or lost child training to assist police when necessary.
- Participate in an online group to share timely information, suspicious behavior, call for search volunteers, etc.
- Complete a background check at the Sandy City Police Department.
Volunteers wear Operation Safe Passage identification we provide while walking, driving children to school or waiting with them at bus stops, and during searches. Applicants must complete a background check conducted by the Police Department, prior to acceptance in the program.
To volunteer or for more information:
Dawn Black, Crime Prevention Specialist