UDOT Updates: Sept 2018
9000 South; State Street to 700 East Construction Notification
Crews are currently working on the north side of 9000 S from State St to 300 E and on the south side of 9000 S from 300 E to 700 E. Two lanes will be open in each direction, during daytime hours (Mon - Fri, 6am-7pm).
- Please be aware of closed sidewalks. Only cross at signaled intersections on the corridor (State St, TRAX crossing, 300 E, and 700 E).
- Drivers should also be aware of changing traffic patterns - use caution when driving through the work zone.
- If you live adjacent to 9000 S, do not drive through any active work zone to get to your driveway; only access your driveway directly from the travel lanes on 9000 S. If you have issues accessing your driveway, call the project hotline or let a crew member on-site know.
- Work on the new 300 E signal is underway and anticipated to be operational by September. The existing signal will remain operational until the new signal is working and there will be a paved surface for pedestrians.
This project will widen 9000 S from 5 to 7 lanes to provide better east-west connectivity, improve traffic flow, and enhance safety. Anticipated completion of the project is summer 2019.
State Street; 11400 S. to 10600 S. Construction Notification
Traffic flow remains shifted to the east side of State St as utility work is underway on the west side. There may be intermittent lane closures in both directions for the duration of the project. Continued project work includes:
- Majority of mainline paving completion.
- Restriping and lane reconfiguration.
- Raised median curbs installed at intersections.
- Street lighting and traffic signals installed.
The project will be nearing completion by end of September and beginning of October.
*Construction schedules are weather dependent and subject to change. For the latest information on traffic conditions, visit udottraffic.utah.gov or download the UDOT Traffic app for iPhone or Android.