Sustainable Sandy: Electric Vehicle Stations
In partnership with Rocky Mountain Power and the Utah Clean Air Partnership (UCAIR), new electric charging stations will start to appear at city buildings throughout Sandy City.
New Sandy Electric Vehicle Charging Locations:
- City Hall (10000 Centennial Parkway —west parking lot of the Courts building)
- Alta Canyon Recreation Center (9565 S. Highland Drive)
- River Oaks Golf Course (9300 Riverside Drive)
- Parks and Recreation Building (440 E. 8600 S.)
- Public Works Building (8775 S. 700 W.)
- Sandy Amphitheater (1245 E. 9400 S.)
This is all part of the Clean Air Champions program, an air quality initiative. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, hybrid and plug-in electric vehicles can have significant emissions benefits over conventional vehicles. All-electric vehicles produce zero tailpipe emissions, and plug-in electric vehicles produce no tailpipe emissions when in all-electric mode. Sandy City supports the economic importance of cleaner air in Utah as an example to other businesses. Utah companies have found that they can improve air quality and their bottom lines by adopting air-friendly practices that reduce emissions and save money.