A Safer Place: Virtual Business Watch
The Sandy City Police Department is pleased to announce a new surveillance camera registration program called Virtual Business Watch. This enables businesses to voluntarily register their surveillance camera system with the Police Department. Once registered, the information provided will populate a map which shows the locations of cameras throughout the city. If a crime happens, our detectives can contact the business owners in that area who may be able to upload video evidence to help solve the crime.
How a business helps our community:
- Helps increase the number of crimes solved, such as burglaries, robberies, accidents, and lost or abducted children or adults
- Saves canvassing time for police officers
- Costs nothing to participate
- Builds relationships with the law enforcement community
- Register today! sandy.utah.gov/virtualbusinesswatch
Law enforcement does not have access to your system and your participation is voluntary.
When businesses provide assistance, it enables a quicker
resolve to active cases and creates a safer community for everyone.