Public Works: Quick Tips
Eight quick tips from our Public Works Department:
1. If you have a large project at your home and you need to dispose materials, reserve a dumpster on the Public Works webpage. The cost is $130 and you can have it at your home for up to 72 hours.
2. If either your waste or recycling container is damaged or has a broken wheel, it can be repaired or replaced free of charge. Contact Public Works at 801-568-2999 to report the problem.
3. If you would like either an additional waste container or recycle bin at your residence, contact Sandy City Utility Billing to order the can. A second waste container or extra recycling bins cost $5.50 per month for each can and it must be on your account for at least 6 months. A third waste container will cost $13.45.
4. If you see a problem on the roadway such as a pothole, please contact Public Works at 801-568-2999 so we can quickly make the repair.
5. For the safety of pedestrians and motorists, trees in front of your house should be trimmed to a height of 14 ft above the curb (if it hangs into the street) and 8 ft above the sidewalk.
6. If you would like to replace the sidewalk in front of your home, contact the Public Works Concrete Coordinator and ask about the 50/50 Program, where the City will split the cost of replacing the sidewalk. If the sidewalk is hazardous, the City will cover 100% of the cost.
7. Are you thinking about replacing the sod in your parkstrip with concrete? Contact Public Works for the standard specifications as well as a permit to work in the right-of-way.
8. Approximately 19% of the items placed in curbside recycling bins are non-recyclable. If you have questions and you want to see what is acceptable, visit sandy.utah.gov/public-works/recycling.