700 East Construction Update (Aug 2017)
Project Update August 15, 2017
The Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT), in partnership with Sandy City, plans to resurface 700 East from 7400 South to 9400 South. Project features will include new asphalt pavement, raised medians at current and future signalized intersections, and bike lanes in both directions. The project is scheduled to begin July 31 and finish October 2017.*
Activities week of August 14:
- Crews are still removing and replacing pedestrian ramps along the project corridor to meet new federal ADA standards. This work will take place daily from 6 a.m. until 6 p.m. through August. Expect shoulder closures as this work takes place. Safe passage for pedestrians will be provided during this work.
- On August 16, crews will close one lane in each direction near intersections from 9:30 a.m. - 3 p.m. for crews to safely work on the traffic signals. Motorists can expect delays and are encouraged to use alternate routes where possible. Crews will be working overhead on signal poles during this work, from 7400 S to 9000 S, to install signal detection and allow for better traffic flow along the project corridor. Lane closures will move as crews change intersections.
Activities week of August 21:
- Beginning as early as Wednesday, August 23, crews will begin lowering utilities along the project corridor in preparation for paving. This work will take place nightly from 7 p.m. until 6 a.m. through Saturday, August 26. Metal plates will be installed over the utilities for safety. Area residents can expect an increase in nighttime related noise, light and vibration.
*Construction schedules are subject to change due to utility, material, weather and equipment delays
- Work will take place during both night and day. Nighttime noise can be expected. One lane in both directions will be open at all times during this work.
- The pedestrian ramp replacement will take place during the day and this will necessitate shoulder closures and occasional left turn closures. Safe passage for pedestrians will be provided during this work.
- Steel plates can be expected as crews raise and lower manholes along the project corridor. Noise can be expected as cars travel over the plates.
- Business and residential access will be open at all times except for when machinery moves through. During roadway activities, motorists will be allowed to drive on recently removed asphalt to access driveways and side-streets unless otherwise posted.
For more information regarding other projects in the area please visit the South Valley Improvements website at
www.udot.utah.gov/go/southvalley or call 801-228-0022 and listen to the options.
Stay Informed: Please sign up for project email updates by emailing "Subscribe" to email@example.com.